Ets Question

Alex Peake apeake@REDACTED
Sat May 25 07:36:00 CEST 2002

Thanks for the suggestion Hakan,

Trouble is, in the second shell, the table is not visible.

1>  ets:lookup(vbDecl, varchar).
** exited: {badarg,[{ets,lookup,[vbDecl,varchar]},
                    {erl_eval,expr,3},
                    {erl_eval,exprs,4},
                    {shell,eval_loop,2}]} **

=ERROR REPORT==== 24-May-2002::22:30:40 ===
Error in process <0.22.0> with exit value:
{badarg,[{ets,lookup,[vbDecl,varchar]},{erl_eval,expr,3},{erl_eval,exprs,4},
{shell,eval_loop,2}]}

But in the shell I start it in:

1> vbDecl:init().
true
2> ets:lookup(vbDecl, varchar).
[{varchar,"As String"}]

The above was in XEmacs. In the regular (werl) shell:

Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.1.1 [threads:0]

Eshell V5.1.1  (abort with ^G)
1> ets:lookup(vbDecl, varchar).

=ERROR REPORT==== 24-May-2002::22:33:49 ===
Error in process <0.25.0> with exit value:
{badarg,[{ets,lookup,[vbDecl,varchar]
},{erl_eval,expr,3},{erl_eval,exprs,4},{shell,eval_loop,2}]}
** exited: {badarg,[{ets,lookup,[vbDecl,varchar]},
                    {erl_eval,expr,3},
                    {erl_eval,exprs,4},
                    {shell,eval_loop,2}]} **

Am I missing something?