Ets Question

Hakan Mattsson hakan@REDACTED
Fri May 24 08:20:15 CEST 2002

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Alex Peake wrote:

Alex> I am using ets at the "top level" as I experiment and develop my program.
Alex>
Alex> Unfortunatley, every time I make an error, I lose all my dictionaries and
Alex> have to re-initialize.
Alex>
Alex> How am I supposed to do this?

The trick is to keep the process that owns your ets-tables alive.
Misspellings and other errors may easily cause your shell process to die.

When working interactively in the Erlang shell you can use two shells.
Create the tables in one shell, start yet another shell (control-g, s, c)
and go ahead and make all the errors that you need. ;-)

/Håkan

---
Håkan Mattsson
Ericsson