Shock horror

Hal Snyder hal@REDACTED
Thu May 2 16:34:07 CEST 2002

Sean Hinde <Sean.Hinde@REDACTED> writes:

> What would be ideal would be a telnet interface into the runtime
> with proper logins and configurable levels of access. e.g. login
> shinde would only be allowed to call count:get_stats(). and
> vsn:get_versions(). and not allowed to send messages.

Right. We do this sort of thing with our C++ based SIP services and it
works very well for ops staff.

What might be useful is a generic (a la inets) resource for setting up
a telnet-like server with configurable authorization levels (thinking
of IOS/Zebra "user" vs "enable" modes), command sets and callbacks,
readline-style command history.