Erlang killer app?,

Miguel Barreiro Paz enano@REDACTED
Tue Jul 23 12:53:24 CEST 2002

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Sean Hinde wrote:

> Having said that there is no way we'd wean even the internal folks off their
> J2EE - even having demonstrated that 1 guy in a month can replace the work
> of 10 contractors for a year.

	Seen that - and also s/J2EE/.NET/g or whatever fancy technology
appears on fancy colourful brochures this month.

	Sorry to quote someone who is on the list, but as Joe wrote last
year: 'you will never displace an existing technology if it works. Wait
for the failures'. The 'night stalker programmer' approach seems to work
well in my humble experience. Just be there when hell breaks loose with a
solution in hand, and make sure it works.

Regards,

Miguel