RENAMING MNESIA TABES

Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi Chandrashekhar.Mullaparthi@REDACTED
Mon Dec 16 09:28:54 CET 2002

There isn't a way to rename a table. You'll have to create a new table, copy
the contents and delete the old table. But why do you want to do such a
thing? What is the problem you're tackling?

Chandru

-----Original Message-----
From: Valentin [mailto:valentin@REDACTED]
Sent: 15 December 2002 13:14
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: RENAMING MNESIA TABES

Any idea how to rename a mnesia table? Consider the following scenario:

1) process P1 writes to table T1
2) table T1 is renamed to T2
3) process P1 fails to write while T1 is not available (new messages (data)
are accumulated in P1's queue while P1 retries to write to T1)
4) a new T1 is created
5) process P1 writes to T1

I am worried that something like this is not possible, as it would
complicate transactions, etc. Hope that I'm wrong, as it would make my life
so much simpler.
I've been looking at fragmentation, but that doesn't seem to be a simple
solution for (I hope) a simple problem.

Valentin.

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: