RENAMING MNESIA TABES

Valentin valentin@REDACTED
Sun Dec 15 14:13:51 CET 2002

Any idea how to rename a mnesia table? Consider the following scenario:

1) process P1 writes to table T1
2) table T1 is renamed to T2
3) process P1 fails to write while T1 is not available (new messages (data) are accumulated in P1's queue while P1 retries to write to T1)
4) a new T1 is created
5) process P1 writes to T1

I am worried that something like this is not possible, as it would complicate transactions, etc. Hope that I'm wrong, as it would make my life so much simpler.
I've been looking at fragmentation, but that doesn't seem to be a simple solution for (I hope) a simple problem.

Valentin.