Impressions of Mozart-Oz

Eric Merritt cyberlync@REDACTED
Mon Dec 9 15:32:17 CET 2002

 [snip]
> I prefer messages the way we have them in erlang. On
> the
> other hand, imagine Erlang _with_ logical variables,
> it makes
> for some pretty interesting/complicated programs.

  This is kinda the conclusion I came to after a few
days of reasearch. I was interested in it becuase at
first read, the descriptions made it sound like Erlang
with Constraint/Logic Programming features. But you
are right its concurrency model sucks for real world
situations at least if you want to use
concurrency/processes as your primary coding concept.

 On a side note, I really don't like the syntax of Oz.
The declaration of variables in the local .. end. and
define constructs seam a little redundant in a single
assignment langauge.

Thanks,
Eric