Documentation suggestion

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Thu Aug 29 12:38:02 CEST 2002

mml> The attached erlang program generates a pair of HTML pages which give
mml> you a search box above the modules index. You type in, say, 'lis' and
mml> it shows you the manpage for the lists module.

Sean Hinde writes:
 > Well - trying this on IE gave me a chuckle. A search on 'erlang' in the find
 > box caused a pause, and then a popup saying "Something on this page is
 > making IE run slowly. Would you like to continue? (note this may make your
 > computer unstable)".

Well, that's the most positive spin imaginable on "your crappy program
doesn't work" ;-) I should have released it under an assumed name.

The code does a linear search through a 1000 entry array. Maybe IE has
O(n) array access ;-) Next time I'm near an MS operating system, I'll
take a look if eliminating the linear search fixes it, or if it's
something else. It could also be that IE can't cope with long lines.

Matthias