Can't get YAWS installed

Klacke klacke@REDACTED
Thu Aug 22 16:09:09 CEST 2002

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 02:30:10PM +0200, Jilani Khaldi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have this problem:
>
> "make" command runs without errors, but when I run "make install" I get this error:
>
> cd ..; tar cz ebin --) | (cd /usr/local/lib/yaws; tar xz --)
>
> gzip: stdin: decompression OK, trailing garbage ignored
> tar: Child returned status 2
> make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
> make: *** [install] Error 1
>
> How to solve it? Thanks.

At times, I've seen this too, automagically it disappeard ....
I have no clue. Apparently there must be some error in the
Makefile but I can't see it.

Try to recompile ..
Try to run the failing tar commands by hand

??

/klacke

--
Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and
Alteon WebSystems                     -- everything is under control