extending standard behaviours

Vance Shipley <>
Tue Apr 16 19:51:26 CEST 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 11:33:00AM -0500, Chris Pressey wrote:
}  Vance Shipley <> wrote:
}  > What would be the best way to extend standard behaviours?
}  My initial feeling would be: create another behaviour.

This would amount to copying the entire gen_fsm.erl module to
my_gen_fsm.erl and adding in a few lines of code.   This seems
pretty ugly to me.

I have been using the include directive to source in a common
module with the call back functions:

I have not seen any examples of including a .erl file anywhere
as as such assume some will find this bad style.  I'm not too
sure I like it either.