system limits

Vlad Dumitrescu <>
Tue Apr 2 10:44:24 CEST 2002

Hi folks,

* I have a question about the 32000 processes limit. Sometimes I get an
error message stating that this limit has been reached (it's not easily
reproducible) even if there should not be more than 8-9000 processes
around... I wonder if there might be some obscure condition that might raise
this error message but the problem actually lies elsewhere.

To be more exact, I wonder if it might be a similar condition with the limit
concerning the number of ets tables: one gets a "system limit reached" when
one creates a named ets table and then tries to create a mnesia table with
the same name.

* And I would also like to ask again a question that I didn't get an answer
before: the number of interconnected nodes limit. Does the 256 nodes limit
refer to "simultaneously connected nodes"? Also, is it a limit for the total
number of nodes present in the network, or for the number of nodes that one
noce can be connected to?

Thanks for the help.

Chatta med vänner online, prova MSN Messenger: