stickers, logos, etc.

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Sun Sep 30 03:18:02 CEST 2001

Kent Boortz <kent@REDACTED> writes:

> I have put up a page at
>
>   http://www.erlang.org/promotion/
>
> with the Erlang logo and the "Powered by Erlang" logo in various
> sizes.  You can also find the "originals" that can be used if you
> create printed materials.

This is awesome!  Thanks, I think this will help us to promote Erlang/OTP.

> I find the Powered by Erlang logo to be hard to read in smaller
> sizes. Maybe someone out there has the skills to improve the
> readability of the logo. If not possible we can of cause consider a
> new "Powered by Erlang" logo? This is not my area of expertise but
> maybe something more like
>
>   http://www.erlang.org/promotion/kent_test01.gif

Yes, I agree.  In fact this is not the "powered by" logo which was on
the stickers.  I'm not that fond of the one you've put up either.
Yours is much better.  I came up with this:

	http://www.motivity.ca/bit/built_on_erlang.gif

I won't pretend that I'm a graphics guru as this isn't very good, but
my idea was to use "Built on Erlang/OTP".  I wanted to include OTP
in there.

	-Vance

Vance Shipley
Motivity Telecom Inc.