trouble building R8B -- megaco

Ulf Wiger <>
Wed Oct 31 20:16:49 CET 2001

I thought I'd actually be able to build OTP R8B at work this
time, after having upgraded m4, and having created a totally
clean environment free of ClearCase and other abhorrations...

But after one hour of successful make:ing, I crashed on the
megaco_flex_scanner_drv. Does anyone recognize the following?

gcc -g -O2
-funroll-loops -Wall  -fpic -shared -o
megaco_flex_scanner_drv.c -lfl
megaco_flex_scanner_drv.c: In function
megaco_flex_scanner_drv.c:4631: warning: label `find_rule'
defined but not used
megaco_flex_scanner_drv.flex: At top level:
megaco_flex_scanner_drv.c:6576: warning: `yy_flex_realloc'
defined but not used
megaco_flex_scanner_drv.c:6517: warning: `yy_fatal_error' defined
but not used
ld: fatal: library -lfl: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[5]: ***
Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory
make[4]: *** [opt] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory
make[3]: *** [opt] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory
make[2]: *** [opt] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
make[1]: *** [opt] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
make: *** [libs] Error 2

clean > flex --version
flex version 2.5.2
clean > which ld
clean > ld -V
ld: Software Generation Utilities - Solaris-ELF (4.0)
clean > gcc --version

I see no other errors.

Ulf Wiger                                    tfn: +46  8 719 81 95
Senior System Architect                      mob: +46 70 519 81 95
Strategic Product & System Management    ATM Multiservice Networks
Data Backbone & Optical Services Division      Ericsson Telecom AB