The Joy of Licenses

david wallin david@REDACTED
Fri May 25 00:02:18 CEST 2001

Hi,

The reason for this mail is that I've been thinking of writing glue
code to be able to use GSL (http://sources.redhat.com/gsl) from
erlang. I didn't get very far because of licensing issues.

As far as I can tell, Erlang Public License (EPL) is based on Mozilla
(MPL) 1.0 which is incompatible with the GNU GPL, the license used by
the GSL people.
I guess this means that if I ever get around to write glue code
between them, I wont be able to share this with anyone.

My question is if I'm correct. If so, perhaps the EPL license could
be enhanced to make this possible.
If I'm wrong, under what license should the glue code be published ?

hope you enjoyed all those acronyms,

--david.