Problem setting DefaultQoS with Notification Service

Niclas Eklund nick@REDACTED
Fri May 4 15:20:18 CEST 2001

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Jani Launonen wrote:
> On Thu, 3 May 2001, Niclas Eklund wrote:
>
> [cut cut cut]
> >
> You're absolutely right. Any JacORB client trying to make contact with the
> event channel, throws org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN: NV_OBJREF. Unfortynately the
> fix didn't do the trick - I compiled the whole otp R7B-2 with this update
> to orber_iiop.hrl, but the problem persists.
The Id should be 16#00010109 (I missed the '9' in the end. Sorry).

There are however two 'known problem' regarding wchars; you cannot use
IIOP-1.2 and the CodeSet struct is missplaced (the OMG updated the spec
and clearfied its location) in the IOR. The former "problem" on purpose.
This wasn't a specific Orber problem since other ORB-vendors interpreted
the initial spec in the same way. However, the spec states that if no
CodeSet is found 16#00010109 should be used as fallback.

> Maybe the whole orber should be replaced with newer one?
Yes, it should be, especially since later versions comes with:

* improved/faster Inter-ORB communication (IIOP)
* less IFR register/unregister overhead (oe_register/oe_unregister)
* a few fixes for IIOP-1.2
* all systems exceptions added to the documentation.
* a new config variable orber_debug_level which makes it a lot easier to
  check what fails.

Regards / Nick

> -+-+-+-
> Jani Launonen             Home: (08) 8802 180/Work: +358 8 553 2810
> jabba@REDACTED          Paalikatu 14 A 410
>                           90520 OULU
> Student. . . . . . . . . .University of Oulu, Dept. of EE
> Assistant Researcher . . .Genie of the Net Project

Niclas Eklund, Ericsson Network Core Products, +46-8-72 75765