Problem setting DefaultQoS with Notification Service

Jani Launonen jabba@REDACTED
Thu May 3 15:21:55 CEST 2001

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Niclas Eklund wrote:

>> [cut cut cut]
>
>I assume the result is a INV_OBJREF exception?!
>The Code Set Id have been changed (Orber-3.2.3). Update to:
>orber_iiop.hrl: -define(ISO_10646_UCS_2_ID, 16#00010100).

You're absolutely right. Any JacORB client trying to make contact with the
event channel, throws org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN: NV_OBJREF. Unfortynately the
fix didn't do the trick - I compiled the whole otp R7B-2 with this update
to orber_iiop.hrl, but the problem persists. Only this time the dior
reports bit differently:
"... ForChar native code set Id: ISO8859_1
                Char Conversion Code Sets:              ForWChar native
code set Id: Unknown TCS: 10100
                WChar Conversion Code Sets:
"

instead of
"...
>                 ForChar native code set Id: ISO8859_1
>                 Char Conversion Code Sets:              ForWChar native
> code set Id: Unknown TCS: 3e8
>                 WChar Conversion Code Sets:
"

Maybe the whole orber should be replaced with newer one?

>Niclas Eklund, Ericsson Network Core Products, +46-8-72 75765

-+-+-+-
Jani Launonen             Home: (08) 8802 180/Work: +358 8 553 2810
jabba@REDACTED          Paalikatu 14 A 410
                          90520 OULU
Student. . . . . . . . . .University of Oulu, Dept. of EE
Assistant Researcher . . .Genie of the Net Project