Fwd: Erlang: orber problem

Kjetil Rossavik kjr@REDACTED
Wed Jul 25 17:21:56 CEST 2001

Thanks again for your replies. I am now doing some "viral marketing" of
Erlang here in Cisco. After your successful infiltration of Nortel (through
the acquisition of Bluetail), it is time to attack the real enemy (of
Ericsson). It certainly has had the desired effect on Nortel... :-)

>The compile-time depends on your IDL-files. Make sure you use separate
>files for separate IDL module-definitions.

As I am interfacing with an existing system, I cannot influence the IDL,
I'm afraid.

>I do recommend that you upgrade to the latest Orber-version since the
>IIOP-overhead have been reduced significantly and a new version is on its
>way which improve the performance even more!

As I am only prototyping at this stage, I can afford to wait for the
Win-build of OTP R8A, unless I run into any problems.

One issue I have come across is that the IDL I am using has hex numbers
(0x10, etc), and also hex numbers bitwise shifted (0x10 << 10). ic:gen()
does not seem to support this. Is this non-standard IDL, or is it an
unsupported feature in ic:gen? (So far I have circumvented the issue by
substituting in the base10 numbers).

KJ.