Various (and almost completely unrelated) questions and opinions

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Thu Feb 22 11:51:58 CET 2001

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Chris Pressey wrote:

> What is worse to me is the unorthogonality - that I can't say
> integer(X) or tuple(X) outside of a guard and mean the same thing.

As of the coming R8 release, all the old guard tests `atom', `float',
etc., will have the better synonyms `is_atom', `is_float', and so on.
These can also be called outside of guards as normal boolean functions
(they are bifs, belonging to module `erlang').

	/Richard

Richard Carlsson (richardc@REDACTED)   (This space intentionally left blank.)
E-mail: Richard.Carlsson@REDACTED	WWW: http://www.csd.uu.se/~richardc/