getting Erlang to run on an embedded powerpc 860

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu@REDACTED
Thu Oct 19 16:49:40 CEST 2000

> Approach #1: Try to understand autoconf. Modify the configure
> stuff so that it makes makefiles suitable for cross
> compilation. After a frustrating day fighting with this
> I decided to leave playing with autoconf for braver people.

I never done it, but it should be possible to use autoconf and configure the
build for cross-compilation.After all, it's a quite widely used practice! :)

In any case, after my struggle with the NT build (which isn't over yet), I
think the build process has a lot of room for improvement. Right now, there
are still a lot of things that are hacked in. (that's not a criticism - I do
that myself a lot!)

regards,
Vlad