Who is a Programmer?

Ulf Wiger etxuwig@REDACTED
Thu Oct 12 17:37:43 CEST 2000

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Sean Hinde wrote:

>I see Erlang/OTP as a step towards having the Excel of my trade -
>allowing me to implement telecoms logic and databases in a safe and
>simple way as an "end user".

This is in line with Mike W's idea of Erlang as "an executable
modelling language".

Funny - one of the camps resisting Erlang has been those trying to
move development more towards high-level graphical modelling tools
like Rational Rose, possibly thinking that this is the way out of the
Software Crisis. To them (I imagine) Erlang represents a hacker
culture; to you (and me), Erlang is a way for us system architects
to become the programming gurus we never thought we'd be.  (:

/Uffe
--
Ulf Wiger                                    tfn: +46  8 719 81 95
Network Architecture & Product Strategies    mob: +46 70 519 81 95