Variable instances (Re: Trace on Variable assignment)

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu@REDACTED
Thu Nov 9 15:30:06 CET 2000

Just my 2 öre :-)

For the compiler and the language proper, these naming issues are not
interesting at all. They are just an utility feature, to help us along. This
means that it should be only necessary to accept variable names that end in
(for example) "[<digits>]" or "__<digits>__" or something else, and then
rewrite the tools (lint, etc) that will use that format...

Am I wrong here?

It should not be a big deal for fixing the token parser, and the rest relies
anyway on the developers actually using the feature.

I, for one, prefer having names like AdjustedArgument rather than like
Argument[5]... that is - when I don't just overuse X, Y, A and I :-)

/Vlad