Distributed applications (global)

Ulf Wiger etxuwig@REDACTED
Thu Mar 9 18:33:44 CET 2000

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Sean Hinde wrote:

Sean>The next step - the world!!!
Sean>
Sean>I now have a globally registered backup app, to which I have
Sean>added:
Sean>
Sean>        global:re_register_name(backup, self()),
Sean>
Sean>in the init/1 which works, and fails over etc. Fantastic.
Sean>
Sean>Next I added the same to another of my apps and changed
Sean>sys.config :
Sean>
Sean>{distributed, [{backup, [test1@REDACTED, {test2@REDACTED, test3@REDACTED}]},
Sean>		   {wap, [test1@REDACTED, {test2@REDACTED, test3@REDACTED}]}]}
Sean>
Sean>both apps startup fine initially but if I stop test1, only backup
Sean>starts up on the new node.
Sean>
Sean>dist_ac seems to be stuck with a load of messages in its queue
Sean>including some {'EXIT' <0.97.0>, normal}s and
Sean>{internal_restart_appl, wap} stuff. The function is
Sean>dist_ac:wait_dist_start/7

Could you call process_info(whereis(dist_ac)) and post the
result? You could also try
erlang:process_display(whereis(dist_ac), backtrace).

/Uffe
--
Ulf Wiger, Chief Designer AXD 301         <ulf.wiger@REDACTED>
Ericsson Telecom AB                          tfn: +46  8 719 81 95