Constant lists

Robert Virding rv@REDACTED
Tue Jul 4 15:28:06 CEST 2000

Richard Carlsson <richardc@REDACTED> writes:

>This is something that the compiler should detect and handle better (by
>creating a static structure instead of generating code to rebuild it at
>each call), but it also requires that the garbage collector can handle
>special memory areas for constant data, so it is not all that easy to
>implement. The same problem occurs with e.g. floating-point constants. We
>are working on it in HiPE, but I don't know about coming releases of OTP.
>Björn? Robert?

This is something BEAM does not do at the moment, for just the reason
you mention.  There are no special areas for module data, constant or
otherwise.  As far as know there are no plans for this, at least Björn
has not said anything.  He is on holidays now.

	Robert
--
Robert Virding                          Tel: +46 (0)8 692 22 12
Bluetail AB                             Email: rv@REDACTED