Usage of BIF port_control/3?

Scott Lystig Fritchie scott@REDACTED
Mon Feb 28 09:31:51 CET 2000

Gack!  I wanted to include something else in my last message.  {sigh}
My colleagues joke that I live in Hawaii's time zone, not Minnesota's,
but I guess it's getting late.

The reason for my experimentation is that I'm working on a project
where, under high workloads, inet:sockname/1 appears to block forever.
It doesn't make much sense, but it's happening.  (Stuck in
inet:call/2.)  I can't tell if it's a weird race condition where the
socket closes at just the right time during the call, or if it's
something completely different.  So I've been mucking this weekend
with inet.erl and inet_drv to find the cause and/or a workaround.....

FWIW, I'm using R6B under FreeBSD 3.3 and 3.4.  It'll take some time
before I can try to duplicate the problem under some flavor of
Solaris/SPARC.

-Scott
---
Scott Lystig Fritchie, <scott@REDACTED>
5401 - 10th Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55417 USA
Professional Governing: Is It Faked?