Jinterface question

Gordon Beaton gordon.beaton@REDACTED
Tue Feb 22 18:43:35 CET 2000

On 22 Feb 2000 16:48:57 GMT, Richard Carlsson wrote:
> Has anyone managed to get Jinterface (1.0) to talk to an Erlang node
> under Open Source Erlang R6B? I seem to be unable to get past the
> authentication, even though I think I set the cookies correctly.

Are you specifically getting an OtpAuthException?

> I would be happy to see a Java code example that has been shown to
> work.

This is really all you need to do to set up a connection from the Java
side (I have not tried with the open source version):

    OtpServer self = new OtpServer(thisnodename, cookie);
    OtpPeer other = new OtpPeer(othernodename);

    OtpConnection conn = self.connect(other);

If you suspect a problem, try setting Java system property
OtpConnection.trace to some value like 4 before starting your java
node, i.e.:

	java -DOtpConnection.trace=4 MyClass ...

This will show you what happens during the connection setup. If you
still aren't getting anywhere, post some code...

/gordon

--
g o r d o n . b e a t o n @ e r i c s s o n . c o m
please no spam, chain letters or virtual postcards!