Why is connect() missing from inet_udp.erl?

Bjorn Gustavsson <>
Thu Feb 10 10:19:28 CET 2000

If I remember correctly, we removed support for connected sockets
because it didn't work on some of our other platforms
(Windows and/or VxWorks).

Scott Lystig Fritchie <> writes:

> The inet_drv.c code in the source distribution for R6B
> (${SRC_DISTRO_TOP}/erts/emulator/drivers/common/inet_drv.c) contains
> the comment:
>     case UDP_REQ_CONNECT:
>         /* XXX this code is not used but leave it we may use it AGAIN ? */
> I'm just guessing, but since the driver supports connected UDP
> sockets, and since the comment says what it does, did inet_udp once
> support connected UDP sockets?  If so, why doesn't it now?

Björn Gustavsson            Ericsson Utvecklings AB
			    BOX 1505
			    125 25 Älvsjö