Construct for associative arrays

Torbjorn Tornkvist tobbe@REDACTED
Tue Feb 9 02:03:37 CET 1999

> Now my question is: would it be TERRIBLE difficult to implement Erlang such
> that I could address a record member as follows:

Richard O'Keefe has come up with a much better solution
called "Abstract Patterns", which he presented at the
last Erlang User's Conference. You'll find his slides
at (in powerpoint):

 http://www.erlang.se/onlinenews/New/Slides/Abstract_Pattern_Matching_for_Erlang.ppt

Basically, Abstract Patterns removes the need for records
and the Erlang preprocessor.

> This way, working with associative arrays would become very simple. And these
> data structures are quite useful, once you are accustomed to them.

Have you had a look at:

 http://www.erlang.org/user.html#assoc-1.2

/Tobbe