Installing libraries.

Johan Bevemyr jb@REDACTED
Wed Dec 16 10:17:09 CET 1998

> > 1. How do I install libraries?  I installed the tar.gz with the
> >    core system, and then the libraries.tar.gz - but I had to
> >    guess where to unpack it and now it would appear that when
> >    I launch erl it doesn't find the libraries....
>
> The libraries.tar.gz file should be unpacked inside
> the libraries directory (which is a link to erts/lib)

No.

If you download libraries.tar.gz you should unpack it at the top
level, i.e. in the erlang-4.7.4 directory. If you, on the other hand,
download a single library, e.g., mnesia-3.6.tar.gz, then you should
unpack it in the libraries directory.

In other words, there should not be a libraries subdirectory to
the libraries directory.

/Johan