Sv: EEP 56 Update

Maria Scott maria-12648430@REDACTED
Mon Mar 15 16:45:10 CET 2021

Hi Hans,

> I think this EEP could help the OTP SSH and I like your apporach to vitalizing Supervisors. Do you have a prototype? We are a bit busy now before OTP-23.3 and OTP-24.0 but I have some time to test if you want.

We are currently preparing a reference implementation. In fact, the prototype itself has just been pushed to https://github.com/juhlig/otp/tree/eep56, and you can use that one already if you like. As it is, it already has all the functionality described in the current state of the EEP built in (and nothing more), you should be able to try it out as far as that goes. It is still largely untested, though, we only toyed with it a bit ^^;

We want to add a few simple tests and test stubs, to show what we think should be tested before we publish it in a WIP-PR to OTP, and update the EEP document at the same time with what arrived as feedback here. That will probably be tomorrow.

Kind regards,
Maria