[eeps] EEP ???: Value-Based Error Handling Mechanisms

Raimo Niskanen raimo+eeps@REDACTED
Thu Nov 29 08:35:56 CET 2018

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 10:02:53PM +0100, e@REDACTED wrote:
> On 11/28/18 21:49, Anthony Ramine wrote:
> >> Le 28 nov. 2018 à 20:04, e@REDACTED a écrit :
> >>
> >> i've told you already your problem is in the whole other realm!
> >> it is not about the lack of operators,
> >> it is that a bad-match error is not identifiable with its match expr.
> >> and this is what should be fixed.
> >
> > Great! We expect an counter-proposal from you in the form of an EEP any time soon then, right?
> >
> > Your tone, and even content, is highly rude and unprofessional and honestly I'm amazed you have not been moderated yet.
>
> allow me to explain.
>
> he: i must shot myself in the foot.
> me: don't do it!
> you: what alternative do you propose?
> unless you propose an alternative we must all hurt ourselves.

I am afraid that I agree with the others on this.

Fred has presented an EEP that he thinks solves a problem, you say it should
not be solved that way, so far so good.  The EEP is under consideration.

But you also say that this problem should be soved some other way that I have
not yet see you clarify, and when people begs for an explanation you get
rude and offensive.

And gradually you are getting more rude and offensive...

I therefore put you on moderation, and we will see if others in this
discussion will deserve that.  It has nothing to do with your opinion about
the EEP, it is how you communicate that opinion.

Oh, and Fred did not call upon the moderators - you have offended more
people.

Best regards