[eeps] EEP ???: Value-Based Error Handling Mechanisms

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Tue Nov 27 13:27:08 CET 2018

On 11/27, e@REDACTED wrote:

>i am going to use Erlang for a YUUUGE project.
>please, please, please, forget to remind them.
>i do not want to migrate to other lingo.

Hi, your disdain for this proposal has been duly noted following our
exchange about it (~4 e-mails each). You have not been the only one with
doubts, and this feature does appear a bit polarizing.

I would however still like it if the OTP technical committee could give
their opinion on it, even if it is a definitive "no, not interested"
rather than just silence because it slipped through the cracks.

I hope you can understand that it would be preferable to have a complete
feedback loop here.