[eeps] EEP XXX: Pattern-test operator

Erik Søe Sørensen eriksoe@REDACTED
Fri Apr 13 13:05:55 CEST 2012

Allowing side-effects in guards would certainly not be in the Erlang
spirit.  I wouldn't dare suggesting that :-)
The left-hand expression in a pattern test expression which occurs within a
guard is naturally(?) subject to the normal constraints for what is allowed
in a guard.
I should perhaps state that explicitly in the specification.

/Erik