[eeps] : An EEP to allow optional leading semicolons in 'case' &c

Raimo Niskanen raimo+eeps@REDACTED
Thu Feb 19 14:27:13 CET 2009

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 08:32:18PM +0100, Fredrik Svahn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What happened to this EEP? I cannot see it in the list at
> http://www.erlang.org/eeps/?

It apparently got lost (to me) in a mail disturbance here at Ericsson.
I found it in the archives, though:
http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/eeps/2008-August/000060.html
I will enlist it soon... (why hasn't anyone reminded me earlier?)

> Would it be possible to extend it with optional trailing semicolons? This
> seems to be a rather common request in the mailing lists.

Richard A. O'Keefe made a case against it here:
http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2008-August/037161.html