[eeps] Request for comments on EEP-25 "Unnesting cases"

Dave Smith dave.smith.to@REDACTED
Sat Dec 20 01:47:13 CET 2008

I'd favour omitting the "or" and I would tend to format it like this...

case Expr of
    Pat -> Expr ;
case Expr of
    Pat -> Expr ;
    Pat -> Expr end.

After all the case's are piers and belong at the same indent level. If we do
go with an "or", isn't the ";" redundant?  Semantically, I've always
considered ";" to mean "or" and "," to mean "and" in Erlang.

I can appreciate Richard's "unique" formatting style. Unfortunately,
optional preceding ";" is not allowed on the first  pattern.

case Expr of
   ; Pat -> Expr
or case Expr of
   ; Pat -> Expr