Monitor Process Memory

Wojtek Surowka wojteksurowka@REDACTED
Thu Sep 30 13:09:02 CEST 2021

You could use process_info(self(), memory) to get the amount of memory used by your process, and react accordingly.

Regards,
Wojtek

From: erlang-questions <erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED> On Behalf Of Vance Shipley
Sent: 30 September 2021 12:04
To: Questions erlang-questions <erlang-questions@REDACTED>
Subject: Monitor Process Memory

I have a function in user_default which I would like to protect
against naive users consuming all the memory.  It runs a loop building
an accumulator which is a list of records.

I could just use a guard of length(Acc) < ?MAXLEN however I don't
really know how big the records are. I'd like to stop when too much
memory is being used by Acc, or maybe the (shell) process.

Any suggestions?

--
     -Vance