build erlang with kqueue support

Bogdan Andu bog495@REDACTED
Tue Nov 16 09:47:10 CET 2021

Hello,

I have an OpenBSD 6.8 amd64 machine and
I would like to compile Erlang 24 with kqueue support
such that I want erl to show me this:

$erl
........................ [kernel-poll]

I understand that this is a compile time option
and not anymore a runtime selectable option tru + K true
switch

I tried the following configure options with no success:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/erlang24.1.4
--with-ssl=/usr/local/openssl/1.1.1l --enable-dynamic-ssl-lib
--with-ssl-rpath=/usr/local/openssl/1.1.1l/lib --without-javac
--enable-threads --enable-kernel-poll --disable-hipe

With openbsd patches (+./otp_build update_configure)
and without patches the result is the same:
no kernel-poll flag present - meaning that kernel polling with kqueue
is not available to that erlang emulator.

Please advice me how to build erlang 24 with kqueue support.

I have an Openbsd 5.4 with erlang 19 that does has kernell-poll flag

$ erl +Ktrue
Erlang/OTP 19 [erts-8.1] [source] [64-bit] [smp:2:2]
[async-threads:10] [kernel-poll:true]

Eshell V8.1  (abort with ^G)

p.s.
building erlang 24 against openssl 1.1.1 for tlsv3 support wasn't
a pleasant experience. The configuration script links against
system libressl  openssl library, instead of --with-ssl option given
to ./configure.
So I had to alter manually crypto ./configure and Makefile files .