Khepri

Ed W lists@REDACTED
Thu Nov 11 11:29:09 CET 2021

Hi,
See about 43 mins in:
    https://braid.org/meeting-8

Kevin Jahns (the Yjs author) was also there and was impressed

I have been trying to find a few minutes free to work up my own implementation (there is also a
python implementation)

I don't think it works for every use case, but the lack of explicit tombstones seems interesting.
(arguably he uses nil values as a kind of tombstone). I've been eyeing the algorithm up for solving
an internal problem and when I saw your explicit version numbers for each node it looked extremely
similar to the shape needed to use this algorithm! I wonder if there is a possible scenario to make
an eventually-consistent data structure where you have lagging consistency over a (presumed) short
time interval.

Ed W