gen_event with history buffer

Alexander Petrovsky askjuise@REDACTED
Wed Nov 3 13:08:24 CET 2021

Hello!

I've to stumble upon the nasty case when my gen_event handler was
registered a little bit later than the desired event was emitted by
gen_event:notify. So, I wonder, is it will be a useful feature, to add
to gen_event some history buffer of events, which could be replayed to
when a new event handler will be registered?

P.S. I know how to replace gen_event with gen_server with such a
history buffer. But first of all, I would like to know, what the
community thinks about this possible feature.

--
Alexander Petrovsky