Dialyzer warning when returning a prolist

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Tue May 18 17:39:51 CEST 2021

On 5/18/21 3:36 PM, Paulo Zulato wrote:
> Hi, Fred and Stanislav,
>
> Thank you for your replies.
> Now I understood why dialyzer is complaining about the underspec return.
> It really makes sense.
> But I still didn't get why proplists is "working".

This is interesting and should be investigated by opening an issue on
GitHub with the two test programs (one with local type declarations and
one using proplists:proplist()).

Enabling unknown (or not) has nothing to do with this issue.

My (educated) guess is that since -Wunderspecs are not on by default,
the case of Wunderspec-ing specs involving remote types has not really
been thoroughly tested.

And there may be an opportunity for dialyzer's improvement here.

My .02

Kostis