OTP 24.0 has been released

Rickard Green rickard@REDACTED
Wed May 12 17:59:41 CEST 2021

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 4:57 PM Luke Bakken <luke@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> I see the same error on my OS X system -
>
> $ sw_vers
> ProductName: macOS
> ProductVersion: 11.3
> BuildVersion: 20E232
>
> May I suggest reporting it here as it appears to be a legitimate bug?
>
> https://github.com/erlang/otp/issues
>
> FWIW, here are the flags I pass to the top-level configure script
> (using asdf/kerl):
>
> --disable-hipe --disable-sctp --with-microstate-accounting=extra
> --enable-darwin-64bit --enable-dynamic-ssl-lib --enable-kernel-poll
> --enable-sctp --enable-shared-zlib --enable-smp-support
> --enable-threads --enable-wx --with-ssl=$(brew --prefix openssl)
> --without-docs --without-javac
>
> Note that "--disable-sctp" does not appear to have the desired effect
> during the configure stage.
>
> I also tried downgrading autoconf to version 2.69 (from 2.71) but
> still see the same error. I also tried running "autoupdate" on all of
> the configure.in scripts first, but that just resulted in more errors.
>
> Thanks,
> Luke
>
> On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 7:29 AM Frank Muller <frank.muller.erl@REDACTED>
> wrote:
> >
> > Well done guys.
> >
> > I’m getting an error about a missing 'netinet/sctp.h’ header.
> >
> > $ sw_vers
> > ProductName:    macOS
> > ProductVersion: 11.2.3
> > BuildVersion:   20D91
> >
> > $ kerl build git https://github.com/erlang/otp.git OTP-24.0 24.0
> >
> > Checking out Erlang/OTP git repository from
> https://github.com/erlang/otp.git...
> > Building Erlang/OTP 24.0 from git, please wait...
> > Configure failed.
> > checking for getrusage... yes
> > checking for sys/event.h... yes
> > checking for sys/epoll.h... no
> > checking for sys/devpoll.h... no
> > checking for sys/timerfd.h... no
> > checking for netpacket/packet.h... no
> > checking for netinet/sctp.h... no
> > configure: error: sctp support requested, but cannot be enabled since
> 'netinet/sctp.h' is missing
> > ERROR: /Users/frank/.kerl/builds/24.0/otp_src_git/erts/configure failed!
> > ./configure: line 362: kill: (-67762) - No such process

As of OTP 24.0 configure will fail if you request sctp support, by passing
--enable-sctp, when configure is not able to enable it. If you remove
--enable-sctp from the command line it will build without sctp support.

Luke: Although you added --disable-sctp, you still have --enable-sctp on
the command line. If you remove --enable-sctp it will build without sctp
support.

Regards,
Rickard
--