Support for non-unique process labels?

Stanislav Ledenev s.ledenev@REDACTED
Mon May 10 11:47:52 CEST 2021

> Of course, the calendar module is perfectly fine, even though it does
> not support sub-second precision, does not handle timezone computations,
> cannot parse/format arbitrary formats, and require constant conversion
> from/to system time to do anything.
> Of course string handling is perfectly fine, unless you need any kind of
> unicode processing (good luck doing any kind of normalization to
> propertly unaccent text, or any work with codepoint properties), or you
> need to work with anything other than latin or utf8. And do not get me
> started on the string/binary insany.
> Of course math support is perfectly fine, until you need to handle NaN
> or infinite values.
> Of course httpc/httpd is perfectly fine. Right.

I think you've chosen the wrong language for your needs then.
And your main claim is that Erlang is not _______ (place here any of your
favourite language).

I've seen lots of developers coming to Erlang, staring at the
> lack of basic tools and functions, and going straight to Elixir (when it
> is not another language altogether).

 I am glad that such newcomers don't stay with Erlang for long.
 For most of them programming languages differ only by syntax.
I've seen a lot of them in Elixir forums. And I've seen a lot of
conclusions like -
"gen_servers are evil because you can't write proper unit tests for them and
 therefore we must write less gen_servers" Yuck!
My only concern is that they trying to change Erlang to ______ (place here