float_to_list(X)

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Sun May 9 02:05:16 CEST 2021

Modern JavaScript does have BigInt. No syntax support though, so it is not
very ergonomic.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/BigInt

Many (most?) modern float-to-string functions will use the minimal number
of digits that can represent the float exactly (round-trip without loss of
precision). Erlang's float_to_list/1 is a relic that does not, possibly for
backwards compatibility reasons. I bet changing it would at least break
some brittle tests :) Fortunately the functionality is available in OTP
these days, in a roundabout way.