Support for non-unique process labels?

Nicolas Martyanoff khaelin@REDACTED
Fri May 7 09:28:18 CEST 2021

Lukas Larsson <lukas@REDACTED> writes:
> I would not be against extending proc_lib to allow setting additional
> metadata that be fetched by observer.
This would be quite useful for processes which are uniquely identifiable
but dynamically instanciated. For example, I would love to be able to
have

- Database pools, created from application environment, identified as
  {db_pool, Name}.
- Web connections identified as {web_connection, PeerAddress}.

This would make my life so much easier when debugging.

Maybe something similar to logger metadata ? Associating a map of type
#{label := term(), _ => _} to each process would be really flexible.

--
Nicolas Martyanoff
http://snowsyn.net