delayed child restart with incremental back-off

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Wed May 5 20:18:11 CEST 2021

> As a general rule initialization should never be dependent

I do not understand, why do we should treat this as a sacred scripture.

Supervisor is just a 1500 lines of code which is not too much.  We all
suffer from the same issue:  need to connect to database and if it
dies, connect to another and do it in a predictable way without
writing the same and the same code from project to project.

Perhaps it is possible to find some rather generic form of code that
will allow to add proper and convenient logic to supervisor restarts
that will make programming easier, more predictable and more unified.