AW: file:list_dir/1 cannot lists dot(.) and dot-dot(..) directories

dieter@REDACTED dieter@REDACTED
Tue Jun 29 10:35:28 CEST 2021

Maybe there is a philosophical reason:
A process always has a current directory (maybe except some zombies).
It is a bit like "cogito, ergo sum.". If you accept this, then it is a trivial fact that you have to be somewhere,
the short form of which is ".". There is no more reason to state it every time.
".." is a similar item. Every directory has a parent (well, nearly every directory),
so there is also no need to include that in the results.

More important is that one can use these shortcuts in functions like file:list_dir()/1.
Dieter