New EEP draft: Pinning operator ^ in patterns

Michael P. empro2@REDACTED
Thu Jan 28 16:01:10 CET 2021

:-)

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 12:19:56 +0200
Valentin Micic <v@REDACTED> wrote:

> 3) Straw-man argument — establishing a relationship with “failed” programming language, thus establishing undue inferences;

Some say SmallTalk failed, because of the need to
"build a release" ... well, Erlang, with its releases,
has evidently not.

> 4) Non sequitur — it does not follow that accepting or rejecting one or another form of a particular syntax would jeopardise the future of Erlang.

A few fly-droppings break up the "text-area" and guide the eye,
too many and ...
I already have difficulties keeping `=>` and `:=` apart,
though I do know and understand them.
(ROK once mentioned difficulties
in keeping single and double arrows apart ...)

I do not think it is completely subjective and would admit
some "sequitur", but in the opposite direction.

~M

--

¡Menos economia! - ¡Mas econotuya!

Less economy! - More econoyou!