Workflow-relation of github : erlang.org : mailing lists?

Kenneth Lundin kenneth@REDACTED
Tue Jan 26 16:27:11 CET 2021

See embedded answer below

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 8:30 PM Michael P. <empro2@REDACTED> wrote:

> :-)
>
> How do the following fit into the "Erlang/OTP workflow"?
> What are they intended for?
>
> a) erlang-questions (mailing list)

Used for general questions and discussion about Erlang and OTP.

> b) github

Here is the source and here we take in contributions via pull requests.
Releases appear hear as well

> c) Atlassian Jira (bugs.erlang.org)

Bug reporting and feature requests which we plan to move to Github issues
in order to get a better integration with Github in general and with the
pull requests.

> d) erlang-patches (mailing list)

Not used since the start of bugs.erlang.org, we plan to remove it
completely. I don't think there is any traffic here.

> e) eeps (mailing list)

Intended for discussion about EEPs, originally a limited number of members
but now open to anyone to join. We plan to move the discussion to Github
issues and pull requests here https://github.com/erlang/eep in the
repository where the EEPs are stored.

> f) blog.erlang.org

This is the OTP teams blog , hosted at github

> There are discussions in eeps and erlang-patches, but mainly in
> erlang-questions;
> there are in github and in Jira.

erlang-patches is not used for anything, should/could be removed
eeps is for discussion about EEPs but will probably be obsoleted in favour
or GH issues and PRs.
erlang-questions is for discussion about Erlang and OTP
There is also discussion about Erlang and OTP on slack, on Elixir forum etc.

> Jira seems to be the most bug-centric, but github is, with all the patch
> handling, too.

bugs.erlang.org is for reporting bugs (and suggesting features) (the plan
is to move this to GH issues soon)

> blog.erlang.org is another source of information.

The OTP teams blog