New EEP draft: Pinning operator ^ in patterns

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Fri Jan 22 13:21:18 CET 2021

On 22/01/2021 12:57, zxq9 wrote:
> On 2021/01/22 18:09, Raimo Niskanen wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm the opposite, but it probably doesn't matter.
>>
>> Why should it not matter?
>>
>> What might matter would be stating good arguments for one's reasoning.
>>
>>> Someone has an immaculate plan.
>>
>> Instead of such statements.
>
> HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAA!!!
> [deep breath]
> HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>
> Here is how this goes.
> You say "Make an argument"
> I do. Many do.
> You say "Well, I don't feel that addresses X"
> We address X directly.
> "Well, that's not what I meant so derpy-doo let's just go with the plan!"
>
> ffs...

There's no plans, we're here to discuss the merits of the proposal, and
its implications for the future. It's also OK to reject a proposal based
on feelings but probably less productive.

Let's please keep the discussion on topic though. It's big enough as it is.

--
Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu