New EEP draft: Pinning operator ^ in patterns

empro2@REDACTED empro2@REDACTED
Fri Jan 22 13:14:34 CET 2021

    "Oh no! It should be poetry not prose"

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 10:09:00 +0100
Raimo Niskanen <raimo+erlang-questions@REDACTED> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 02:28:35AM +0900, zxq9 wrote:
> > Immaculate.

"Are you?" (_Detectorists_)

:-)

> You are attempting the Trump argumentation line:
>
>    Repeat a lie until it is accepted as true.

When I have built a "great new idea", I destroy it. I turn around, grab my Mjøllnir and have at it. I have no use for an idea even I can destroy, be it my own. Then I turn around and try to save it. If I manage to save it, I turn around and ...

Have you ever seen a text so sleek as EEP 55? I may have seen more self-criticism in that orange person. And this thread started with talk of implementation. I felt run over, it might have set others on the wrong path. I have read through this tree of threads several times and think that Richard Carlsson might be the calmest and most patient reader and writer around. As the "owner" of EEP 55 he may be set up in one corner, but he does not have to stay there, he could, at least every once in a while, step out and ... turn around.

Just like others do not have to stay on a path they might have been set on; even if maybe pushed a little along, they do not have to walk it.

(3rd person phrasing does not carry any meaning, please! I had this 1st p. but mouse wheel crashed mailprog)

> I hate that.  Please stop doing that!

I merely pity the lack of information that means.

    ~Michael

--

The clever man acquires the knowledge of other clever men.
The sage can also learn from the fool.