New EEP draft: Pinning operator ^ in patterns

Valentin Nechayev netch@REDACTED
Mon Jan 18 16:48:03 CET 2021

 Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 15:36:53, t wrote about "Re: New EEP draft: Pinning operator ^ in patterns":

> I'd much prefer if `^` was used to allow rebinding.

Metoo - because this allows to avoid keeping internal SSA translator
in my mind to avoid possible clashes when e.g. X or Y are the
traditional names for fast-and-not-important-anymore bindings.

If it is opposite to what has Elixir invented, worse for Elixir :)
OTOH it looks not so principal as to add a new syntax element.

-netch-